The Royal Ontario Museum (ROM) first opened in 1914 as five separate museums devoted to archaeology, geology, mineralogy, palaeontology, and zoology.
Today, the ROM is considered the 5th largest museum in North America, by nature of its volume and the quality of its exhibits. To preserve its international status, the ROM made plans for a multi-million dollar renovation by architect Daniel Libeskind.
In anticipation of the new renovations, the ROM logo was also re-designed. This quick reference guide was created for the transition version of the new ROM logo known as Renaissance ROM.